Treatment and Research for Alcohol and Drug Abuse
The Center for Drug and Alcohol Programs (CDAP) is located in Charleston, South Carolina and one of the nation's premier academic centers for the study and treatment of alcohol and substance abuse. In fact, the center has been ranked 10th for drug and alcohol abuse medical education in U.S. News Media Groupís 2010 edition of Americaís Best Graduate Schools. CDAP is divided into clinical and research components which means that CDAP:
- works to advance current knowledge about the treatment of substance abuse through basic and clinical research.
- provides the latest in effective treatment for drug and alcohol addiction.
- serves as a state-of-the-art training center for future addictions scientists and clinicians.
- places a heavy emphasis on staff training and education, including passing national specialty exams in addiction medicine.
Each of these attributes sets CDAP apart from most other alcohol and substance abuse treatment facilities.
Interested in learning more?
WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO:
YOU CAN HELP US
- About 18 million Americans have a problem with alcohol.
- About five to six million Americans have a problem with drugs.
- Untreated addiction costs America $400 billion annually, as a result of medical consequences and alcohol treatment, reduced/lost earnings, lost workforce productivity, accidents, violence and premature death. (The Economic Costs of Alcohol and Drug Abuse in the United States 1992 (updated for 1998), NIH Publication No. 98-4327)
Alcohol and/or substance abuse has a devastating impact on families around the globe. By supporting CDAP you can help make a notable difference in alcohol and substance abuse research and treatment allowing the medical advancements that are made within the walls of CDAP to be translated into real-world help. Consider making a donation to CDAP
today. Select "Center for Drug and Alcohol Programs" in the designation drop-down box.